Standard One: Subject Matter (Anderson)

The teacher candidate must understand the central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structures of the disciplines taught and are able to create learning experiences that make these aspects of the subject matter meaningful for students.

Image result for quotes about teachers and education

ENGL 494: Senior Seminar Capstone Paper

My Senior Capstone paper is focused on individualizing strategies for English Language Learners (ELLs) based on their native language.  For example, a student from Somalia will have areas that will need more focus or specific strategies compared to a student from Vietnam who would need different strategies to better suit their needs. I focused my paper on the educational struggles that Somalian children face and what ELL strategies should be applied to them specifically.

ENGL 302: Profile on Sophia Weisensel

My profile on Sophia Weisensel was completed while I was the managing editor of Bethany Lutheran’s literary magazine Inkwell. I first joined Inkwell because it was a part of the English requirement but I soon fell in love with my work for this publication. This piece shows work that I have done as part of my English requirements but also shows my writing from a different perspective when compared to more academic pieces.

EDUC/ENGL 444 Personal Philosophy Paper

This paper focuses on my personal philosophy for education that I wrote for one of my education classes. This paper focuses on what I believe the purpose of education is, what I believe about the curriculum, and what ethical practices are essential for teachers to follow.