Standard 8: Assessment (Nusbaum)

The teacher candidate must understand and be able to use formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual, social, and physical development of the student.

Philosophy Paper on Assessment from EDUC 450 -This is my Philosophy Paper on assessment from EDUC 450 that show my strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous development of the student.

EDUC 450 Alternative Assessment -This is a project based unit description in the subject of Citizenship and Government, listing the standards and skills for the Living History Day assignment project.

EDUC 443: Rubric Task -This is an original rubric for a paper concerning World War II. I decided to focus on structure in the paper such as ideas, organization, sentence fluency, and sources. I developed a point system with each category ranging from 1-5 points with the paper being a total of 35 points.

EDUC 450 Rubric -This is an original rubric for a paper in which a student will the Living Day History Event, requiring them to listen to multiple speakers. They are to write a 5 page reflective paper summarizing their stories. I focused the structure in the paper such as ideas, organization, sentence fluency, and writer’s voice. I developed a point system with each category ranging from 1-10 points with the paper being a total of 50 points.

EDUC 450 Rubric 2 -This is an original rubric for a paper in which a student will interview a war veteran. I decided to focus on structure in the paper such as ideas, organization, sentence fluency, and writer’s voice. I developed a point system with each category ranging from 1-5 points with the paper being a total of 35 points.

RADS Assessment Report -This is my RADS Assessment that I completed at Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School for Eleventh Grade U.S. Government.

RADS Pre-Test

RADS Post-Test